Foam rolling is a beneficial practice for relieving muscle tension and improving mobility. Here are the top 5 foam rolling techniques to do at home, provided by HADL Clinical Bodywork:
1. Quadriceps: Start by lying face down and place the foam roller under your thighs. Roll from your hips to your knees, focusing on any tight or tender areas.
or to make it more specific:
2. Hamstrings: Sit on the floor with the foam roller under your thighs. Place your hands on the floor behind you for support and roll from your hips to your knees.
3. Hip Flexors: Kneel on the floor and place the foam roller under one hip flexor. Roll from your hip to your upper thigh, targeting areas of tightness.
4. Upper Back: Lie on the floor with the foam roller under your upper back. Support your head with your hands and gently roll from your mid to upper back, focusing on any areas of tension.
5. Shoulders: Lying on your back, place the foam roller perpendicular to your spine and roll on the muscles around your shoulder blades to relieve tension.
These techniques can be performed three times per week and are beneficial before or after workouts to prevent soreness and improve muscle function.
Incorporating these foam rolling techniques into your routine can help alleviate muscle tightness, improve mobility, and enhance overall well-being. Start your foam rolling journey today for a healthier, more relaxed body.
Hadl Clinical Bodywork is always here to help... provided you live in the Fort Worth area.